Pages

Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Sunday, December 23, 2012

A New Type of Meatloaf

I'm not sure why, but lately my go to spice for hamburger meat has been taco seasoning. It's yummy and goes well with cheese! I had been meaning to try out a pin on Pinterest. (http://pinterest.com/pin/110971578289994325/) And the bell peppers I meant to use to do it went bad faster than expected, so on to something else.

I still wanted to use the cheese and the hamburger meat, but I had no desire to make actual hamburgers. My husband does a cheese stuffed meatloaf with Italian seasoning. It always turns out delicious and no I can't share the recipe! So I decided to try something similar, but with taco seasoning in the hamburger meat. It turned out delicious and this is how you do it:

1lb of hamburger meat (your choice)
taco seasoning (mine says 1/4 cup per 1lb beef)
1 egg
3-4 different types of cheese

Optional:
Black beans (whole is what I used)
Green Chile's or jalapenos (take those seeds out if you don't want it super spicy)

Mix that all together.

Take a bread pan or meatloaf pan and spray it with Pam or coat it with oil.
Spread a little more than a quarter of the meat mix at the bottom

Now is when you will add the cheeses to the center

Once that is done all you need to do is add the rest of the meat and pat it all together.

Cook for 1 hour at 350 degrees

I don't have any pics for you. It was so yummy smelling we immediately cut into it! I'll try and get some for you next time as I'm sure I will make this again!

0 comments: